I’m in full swing preparing our Thanksgiving dinner and there are a couple of must have for me and they are my mushroom gravy and kale salad. Both are vegan.
- 3 tbsp. vegan butter
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 4 medium white mushrooms, diced
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour (I use gluten free from Cup4Cup)
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. Bragg’s liquid amino
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Parsley, minced (optional)
Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms until soft and onions are translucent. Sprinkle flour all over and stir until vegetables are coated. Slowly whisk in the broth little at the time. Add Braggs and poultry seasoning and whisk on medium heat until gravy is slightly bubbling and getting thicker. Add seasoning. Sprinkle parsley over if using. Done!
Fruity Kale Salad
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 8 ounces kale
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium apple
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- Pink salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Toast pumpkin seeds in a frying pan on medium heat until lightly golden and fragrant, about 5 to 10 minutes, tossing them once or twice to make sure they toast evenly. Remove from heat set them aside to cool.
- Pull the kale leaves off from the stems and chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces. Put the kale to a big salad bowl.
- add the dried cranberries to the bowl. Peel and chop the apple into small, bite-sized pieces and add it to the bowl as well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss until the salad is evenly coated with dressing. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the salad before serving.