By Fredrica Syren:
I’m so excited to have strawberry season once again. These little sweet and juicy berries get me going. I swear I could live on strawberries!
A couple of years ago, I ate an amazing salad with strawberries and spinach at Whole Foods. Ever since, I’ve been dreaming of it. For lunch today, I made it with marinated portobello mushrooms. A very light salad, it is sprinkled with some basil oil and vinegar to complement the strawberries.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese or soy feta, cubed
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. basil oil (recipe below)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- Place everything in a big bowl. Don’t toss salad until you’re ready to serve.
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
Place everything in blender and process just for a few seconds.