Spinach Tofu Scramble
I absolutely love tofu scramble, especially after my workouts. Tofu is high in protein and contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. It also provides fats, carbs, and a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. So yes it’s the perfect after workout fuel.
I make my scramble without oil but that is just a preference so instead of cooking it in vegetable broth, you can just swap for oil instead.
- 1 package firm tofu (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup low sodium veggie broth (I use homemade veggie scrap broth)
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Drain your tofu and wrap in in a kitchen towel to remove some of the liquid. Use your hands to crumble the tofu.
- Add 1/2 cup veggie broth to a large skillet and set to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and spinach and sauté until greens have wilted.
- Add tofu to heated skillet and mix with greens.
- Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once almost all the liquid has been absorbed add the nutritional yeast and hot sauce if using.
- The scramble is ready when they just start to stick to the pan and there’s no liquid remaining.
- Add tomatoes and serve.