Compost 101 – Class Video, including scheduling a call with James for questions
Did you know that when you throw your food scraps in the trashcan, the food never composts at the city dump? Instead it creates methane gas which is a huge contributor to our climate crisis.
Watch our workshop that was recorded via Zoom to learn how easy it is to turn your garbage into gold for your garden!
You paid for your banana peels, egg shells, and carrot tops, so don’t throw them away! By composting, you reduce greenhouse gas emissions, recycle nutrients locally, and create a resource for growing healthy soil and food in your garden or yard.
In this workshop, you will learn the basics of composting and how to get started. Topics include:
- How to reduce food waste with a compost
- Learn the different kinds of composts systems and which one might be best for you
- Learn about the common compost problems (including preventing wildlife from being interested in your compost).
- Learn how you use the compost as a fertilizer and how you can save money and water.
- Learn about tax rebates available with composts.
If you have any trouble signing up, please email [email protected]
Date: Available on-demand (phone calls scheduled by email)