I found a web site with recipes for cheese cakes in a jar and I thought it looked so much fun that I decided to give it a try and made a cheese cake with orange flavor mixed with chocolate. This cheese cake is not baked so it’s a very easy cheese cake to make. So this is our dessert after a BBQ dinner, mmmmm. What are you all eating tonight?
1 cup non-dairy graham crackers
1 1/2 tbs butter
Combine everything until wet and crumbly. Add more butter if it seems too dry.
3 tubs plain plant-based cream cheese, I used follow your heart
1/2 vanilla bean seeds
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
Grated peel from 1 orange
Mix until completely creamy.
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup cream, I used coconut cream
- Heat cream on low heat in a sauce pot.
- Melt chocolate in the cream and stir until all chocolate has dissolved and you are left with a creamy and thick sauce.
- Let sauce cool a few minutes.
- Place some of the crust in the bottom of each jar.
- Pour the filling and end with the chocolate sauce in a thin layer on top.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before serving.