I love waking up in my own bed this morning and as soon as I could went out to the garden to see what have been growing since I was gone. There were tons of all kinds of tomatoes ready to be picked and the most was cherry tomatoes. I knew exactly what I was going to use them for, an old favorite warm asparagus and tomato salad.
Oven roasted vegetables
2 cups cocktail tomatoes on the vine ( keep them on the vine for the roasting process)
2 cup asparagus tips
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to F400
2. Place tomatoes, still attached to the vine, asparagus tips in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
3. sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper over.
4. Pour oil and vinegar over and toss so each veggie get coated.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until vegetables are done.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle chives over
For the salad:
4 cups greens, cut into small pieces
1 cup cheese ( soy feta, feta, goat cheese or other non-dairy or dairy cheese of your choice
Toss the warm vegetables with the greens and sprinkle cheese on top.