This has been one of our favorite summer foods lately because it’s easy to make a head and eat as a picnic.
- 4 large potatoes diced into cubes, if organic or homegrown, keep skin on
2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs whole grain mustard
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
Preheat oven for F400. Toss everything in a large bowl until potatoes are well coatedLeave to marinate for an hour Line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour the potatoes on and bake for 20 mins or until soft inside and golden crispy outside.
While potatoes are cooking make salad
- 3 cups fresh greens, chopped ( I like a mix of Lettuce, kale and spinach)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp fermented red cabbage or beets (optional)
Mix everything in a salad bowl and toss with dressing right before serving
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix everything until combined.