It’s fall and for me that means it’s soap season. Many think that “just” a soup is boring and that kids in general does not like soup. I guess it depends on what kind of soup, but my kids love soup and I make it fun and serve it with some fun home baked crackers or bread with hummus or maybe some garlic bread. One of our favorite soups is this lentil soup that is so filling, so healthy and taste great.
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 scant tsp. Garam Masala
- I large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, top and end cut of and chopped
- 1 cup kale, stalks removed and chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Sprinkle in spices and sauté one minute. Add onion and cook a few minutes until it softens. Stir in lentils until thoroughly coated. Add carrot, celery, and kale and cook a moment. Turn heat to high and add vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn heat to low.
Cook 20-25 minutes.