Fall is here, and with cooler temperatures comes more indoor play. So, why not celebrate fall by doing some crafts using recycled material or materials gathered from nature? Here are some easy but fun crafts my kids and I love to do together.
Make a bird feeder from old toilet paper tubes — This is a super easy and fun thing for kids to do with old toilet paper tubes. Just imagine how much fun it will be for them to watch the birds dine on their creation☺ It will be messy but fun.
- Old toilet paper tubes
- Peanut butter
- A kid safe knife or spatula
- A plate
- 1 bowl
- Pour birdseed onto plate.
- Place peanut butter in bowl, making it easier for a child to get to it.
- Spread peanut butter all over the outside of paper tube.
- Roll the tube in birdseed until it’s coated.
- Go outside and find a branch to slip it onto.
Stamp with apples and pears to make banners — My kids absolutely love doing this, and we hang the banner with
pride in our kitchen. Here are directions for how to create
Gather leaves and make a wreath — I think most kids love gathering fall leaves off the ground, so one great craft for kids of most ages is to use fall leaves and make a wreath for the front door. Here is the tutorial for it:
Bake Mice Bread Buns
My boys first baked these bread buns in the shape of mice at their waldorf pre-school so now they are one of our favorite fall crafts we do.