My kids love drinking coconut water from actual coconuts so we got a couple for them at the farmers market. From the “leftovers” which is the coconut meat, I made yogurt last night and it’s truly amazing.
- Meat from 4 young coconut
- juice from 1/2 young coconut
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tbs coconut butter, soften
- 2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tsp non-dairy probiotic powder
- Seeds scraped out from 1/2 vanilla bean
- Place everything in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Place in yogurt maker or in a warm place and let it ferment for at least 5 hours. (yesterday I could not find my yogurt maker so I put yogurt in glass jars on top of crook pot that was cooking beans) .
Place in fridge to cool it down before eating it. Eat it like it is or add fruit to it for a fruity flavor.